Task Force COVID Therapeutics
The COVID Therapeutics Task Force was set up on 1 December 2021 hosted within the KCE.
This Task Force will coordinate the following matters [aspects]:
- purchasing decisions for COVID medicines,
- positioning of these medicines in the therapeutic arsenal and for which target population,
- guideline development for use in both the 1st line setting and hospital use,
- health technology assessment (HTA) for these medicines (an analysis of their safety and clinical efficacy data, including an analysis of their value for money (relationship between their cost and the size of the clinical benefit), including their impact on the budget
- controlled access linked to the collection of outcome data (how well the medicines work in practice/in the population) to guide appropriate positioning and indication.
- Advice regarding the purchase of sotrovimab (Xevudy) (17/12/2021)
- Advice regarding the purchase of nirmatrelvir/ritonavir (Paxlovid) (17/12/2021)
- Advice on the purchase of Molnupiravir via a bilateral agreement (In Dutch or In French) (01/12/2021)