Health Systems in Transition (HiT) : Belgium Health system Review
The Health Systems in Transition (HiT) profiles edited by the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies are detailed descriptions of health systems and of policy initiatives in progress in each member’s country. The Belgian report is done in collaboration with the KCE and Sciensano. In order to facilitate cross-country comparisons, these reports are based on a common template. They allow policy makers, researchers and other stakeholders to have a detailed view of their own health system, but also to analyse the experiences of other countries in order to draw inspiration relevant to their own situation. The aim is to provide ongoing support for the development of health system initiatives and reforms.
A full update of the report is carried out approximately every 5 years. Major changes and reforms implemented in the meantime are published on an online platform, on which the latest full version of the report is also available.
- Download the HiT for Belgium 2020 (in PDF)
- Link to the summary on the HealthyBelgium website
- Link to major updates, via the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies platform
- Link to reports from other countries, via the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies platform
- Download the previous HiT for Belgium (2010 version)