KCE, the Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre (KCE), is an independent public institution (100% funded by public funds) that falls under the responsibility of the Minister for Social Affairs and Public health.
At the end of 2015 the KCE Trials programme was launched to select and fund clinical trials to answer important healthcare questions that are not sufficiently studied. KCE will select and fund these pragmatic and practice-oriented, publically funded clinical trials but will not conduct the trials themselves. These trials will not only contribute to a better care for patients but also to a more efficient use of public resources.
In support of the KCE Trials team, we are looking for an Administrative Assistant. The working language of KCE Trials is English.
- You, together with your fellow Administrative Assistants, will work on the organisational level. You will focus on supporting the Trials team but in close collaboration with other administrative support within KCE.
- You take care, in perfect tandem with your colleagues, to provide a smooth administration and work organisation: proofreading and editing documents, centrally managing documents and their filing (on the server and when applicable paper filing), providing email traffic and correspondence (including managing a shared mailbox), scheduling of meetings (both physical and video conferencing), booking travel, managing the refunding of expenses, tracking invoices and payments, etc.
- You proactively follow the calendar/planning of all Trials team members and provide support where necessary.
- Periodically you organise events, symposia and external meetings, including managing and monitoring all practical and logistical matters.
- You act as a point of contact for various internal and external contacts (management, colleagues, visitors, collaborators ...).
- You will take minutes during some meetings and arrange for the preparation of reports (for which you will provide support e.g. formatting and layout). You regularly work with information with a strictly confidential character.
- You will make the necessary practical preparations for meetings, prepare the presentations and summaries.
- You report to the head of the KCE Trials team and KCE management.
You have a bachelor's degree or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
Previous experience in a similar position is an asset.
You ensure continuity in support for the Trials team through your involvement in the organisation and from your facility for fast and accurate handling of various tasks.
You enjoy to work in a team, and show strong willingness to learn.
A healthy dose of assertiveness in combination with a discreet, diplomatic attitude characterises you as a person.
You are extremely strong in administrative organisation, you have an eye for detail and you know how to proactively and meticulously fulfil your job and keep an overview of tasks at all times.
You are correct and clear in your verbal and written communication, where you have a good feel for language (handling of English, Dutch and French written or oral messages and documents including occasional translations).
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) knows few secrets for you and your typing is fast and accurate. With an analytical mind you know how to use it applications easily, you will find your way on the Internet as well.
Mandatory requirements, education and qualification:
You have a bachelor's degree or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a clinical trials or healthcare environment.
Experience with budgets and payments is considered an asset.
You are IT literate with the ability to generate reports using Word, use Excel (advanced functions) and prepare presentations in PowerPoint. Willing to help in the set up and become familiar with new IT tools used in the context of trials and trial funding.
- 1. English: very proficient in written English; fluent in spoken English.
- 2. Dutch: fluent in spoken Dutch.
- 3. French: fluent in spoken French.
Knowledge of other languages is considered a plus.
What we offer:
A permanent contract (minimum of 80%) in a challenging, innovative environment where personal development and growth are encouraged.
The remuneration is based on the federal scale, and your relevant experience will be taken into account.
The KCE also offers benefits such as luncheon vouchers, free hospitalization insurance, reimbursement of public transport for travel to and from work, the possibility of receiving a premium for cycling, the possibility of receiving a bilingual premium, numerous training opportunities and 26 days of vacation.
The central location makes the KCE easily accessible by public transport.
Place of employment
Belgian Health Care Knowledge Centre, Doorbuilding, Kruidtuinlaan, 55
How to apply?
Send your CV in English and motivation letter in English before 18th September 2017 at 13.00h to email@example.com
After a detailed examination of the applications (CV and letter) there will be a practical test on administrative and computer skills (in-tray test) on either Wednesday 27th or Thursday 28th September 2017. This test will last about 2 hours. Candidates selected from the written test will be invited for an oral interview on Thursday 5th or Friday 6th October 2017. Selected candidates will receive more information about the selection process.