KCE is looking for a Clinical Trials Assistant (advanced administrative staff level) (f/m)
Many questions in healthcare are currently not sufficiently studied using clinical trials, despite their high societal importance. KCE Trials is a programme of pragmatic and practice-oriented clinical trials. KCE will select and fund the clinical trials but will not conduct the trials. A return on the investment is expected. These trials not only contribute to a better care for the patient but also to a more efficient use of public resources.
The Clinical Trials Management Assistant (the CTA) will work in a KCE Trials core team of Clinical Trial Researchers. The specific tasks will vary with the requirements of the KCE Trials programme over time. However, the aim is that the CTA is familiar with all tasks in the Trials team. The CTA will also interact with other KCE experts (medical, health economics, data management, administrative support, etc.) and KCE functions such as the communication department, human resources, finances, legal, etc.
1) To provide administrative support for the quality system including standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the KCE Trials programme and the software tool for the management of the trials programme, including the overall budget.
2) To provide administrative support for tenders in the context of KCE Trials, review offers from subcontractors, follow-up on work performed and the sign-off on invoices.
3) To provide administrative support for the initiative on building sponsor capacity for non-commercial multicentre randomised trials in Belgium.
4) To provide administrative support for the management of the Trials programme including topic selection by Panels (domain experts), trial proposal review by Trials Board (methodological experts) and prioritisation by Prioritisation Group. This includes the selection and funding of international studies, which fall within the KCE Trials remit and priorities, and for which there is a strong rationale for Belgian participation.
5) To provide administrative support for the KCE advice to candidate trial sponsors, where needed and appropriate, on trial design and feasibility, regulatory issues, health economics, data management tools and eCRFs, study outsourcing, logistics, insurance, use of reimbursed procedures, trial budget, intellectual property and international collaboration.
6) To provide administrative support for the trial contracts between KCE and the trial sponsor or Belgian coordinating centre for international trials.
7) To provide administrative support for the follow-up on trial progress including recruitment, reporting and payments.
8) To provide administrative support to keep all stakeholders informed about the KCE Trials programme (in collaboration with KCE communications department) using various methods, predominately via the KCE website but also via workshops, symposia and information in the press and on social media.
9) To provide administrative support for the collection of the relevant data to assess the impact of the Trials programme in terms of scientific publications, and more importantly impact on clinical care in Belgium.
Mandatory requirements, education and qualification:
- Age under 26 years of age on the starting date.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in administrative support, preferably in a clinical trials or healthcare environment; experience with budgets and payments is considered an asset.
- Are IT literate with the ability to generate reports using Word, use Excel (advanced functions) and prepare presentations in PowerPoint. Willing to help in the set up and become familiar with new IT tools used in the context of trials and trial funding.
- English: very proficient in written English; fluent in spoken English.
- Dutch: fluent in spoken Dutch.
- French: fluent in spoken French.
Knowledge of other languages is considered a plus.
What we offer:
The employment contract is for a minimum of 80% in a challenging, innovative environment where personal development and growth are encouraged. The remuneration is based on the federal scale. Several benefits such as a medical insurance, reimbursement of public transport or bike to work and meal vouchers are available.
How to apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter before 8th February 2017 to email@example.com
For more information
Miranda Landtsheere, Legal counsel P&O
Phone: 02/287 33 19