KCE is looking for a Clinical Trials Assistant’ (administrative staff level) (f/m/x)
Many questions in healthcare are currently not sufficiently studied using clinical trials, despite their high societal importance. KCE Trials is a programme of pragmatic and practice-oriented clinical trials. KCE will select and fund the clinical trials but will not conduct the trials. These trials not only contribute to a better care for the patient but also to a more efficient use of public resources. A return on the investment is expected.
The Clinical Trials Management Assistant (the CTA) will work with the KCE Trials core team of Clinical Trial Researchers. The specific tasks will vary with the requirements of the KCE Trials programme over time. However, the aim is that the CTA is familiar with all administrative tasks in the Trials team. The CTA will also support other KCE experts (medical experts, experts in health economics, data management, etc.) and other KCE departments such as the communication department, human resources, finances, legal, etc.
To provide administrative support for:
- the quality system including standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the KCE Trials programme and the software tool for the management of the trials programme, including the overall budget.
- tenders in the context of KCE Trials, review offers from subcontractors, follow-up on work performed and the sign-off on invoices.
- the initiative on building sponsor capacity for non-commercial multicentre randomised trials in Belgium.
- the management of the Trials programme including topic selection by Panels (domain experts), trial proposal review by Trials Board (methodological experts) and prioritisation by Prioritisation Group.
- the trial contracts between KCE and the trial sponsor.
- the follow-up on trial progress including patient recruitment, reporting and payments.
- to keep all stakeholders informed about the KCE Trials programme (in collaboration with KCE communications department) using various methods, predominately via the KCE website but also via workshops, symposia and information in the press and on social media.
- the collection of the relevant data to assess the impact of the Trials programme in terms of scientific publications, and more importantly impact on clinical care in Belgium.
Mandatory requirements, education and qualification:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in administrative support, preferably in a clinical trials or healthcare environment; experience with budgets and payments is considered an asset.
- Are IT literate with the ability to generate reports using Word, use Excel (advanced functions) and prepare presentations in PowerPoint. Willing to help in the set up and become familiar with new IT tools used in the context of trials and trial funding.
- English: very proficient in written English; fluent in spoken English.
- Dutch: fluent in spoken Dutch.
- French: fluent in spoken French.
What we offer:
An employment contract with an indefinite duration (minimum 80%), on level B of the salary scale corresponding to the B1 scale (minimum gross salary: 27,568.64 EUR, gross annual salary, already adjusted to the current index) with validation of the useful experience. The KCE also offers benefits such as luncheon vouchers, free hospitalisation insurance, reimbursement of public transport for travel to and from work, the possibility of receiving a premium for cycling, the possibility of receiving a bilingual allowance, numerous training possibilities and 26 days of leave. The central location makes the KCE easily accessible by public transport. The KCE is a dynamic and modern organisation with intellectually stimulating work, in a pleasant atmosphere.
After a detailed examination of the applications (resume and letter) there will be a test on administrative and computer skills (in-tray test) on Thursday 30 March or Friday 31 March 2017. This test will last about 2 hours. Candidates selected from the written test will be invited for an oral interview on Tuesday April 18th or Wednesday April 19th, 2017. Selected candidates will receive more information about the selection process.
How to apply?
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 24 March 2017 at 1:00 PM
For more information:
Miranda Landtsheere, Legal counsel P&O