The language of the KCE reports
KCE reports are divided into two sections:
- The “Executive Summary” which provides an overview of the validated scientific evidence and the recommendations made by the KCE. This section is always available in French and Dutch. In certain cases, an English version is also produced.
- The “Scientific Report”, which presents in detail the validated scientific evidence and the recommendations made by the KCE. This section is written in a single language, mostly in English, the internationally used language for scientific communications.
Why give preference to English?
The KCE gives preference to scientific reports written in English, the international scientific language, for several reasons:
- Simplification of the work of scientific teams accustomed to working in English.
- International accessibility of the results of KCE studies and therefore better dissemination of the scientific evidence and expertise of the KCE.
- Response to the objectives of the EUnetHTA network, in which the KCE is a partner. This project, financed by the European Commission, is intended to create a network and promulgate working methods to improve the return on the resources invested by each partner in the Health Technology Assessment studies. Since the Scientific report is written in English, certain chapters may be used as the basis for a comparative study undertaken by a network partner.
published on 20-10-2011